Thursday, July 7, 2011

Old Brown Dresser

Most of the furniture has been sold or given away, the boxes are getting filled up and stored, I am finished at work and Paul has one more day to go.  Through the craziness that has been our lives for the past month or so, I have been able to keep it pretty much together until this morning, when my old brown dresser was loaded into the back of a young University student's car.

After helping her put it into her mom's car and explaining that the dresser had been with me since my youth (I think it may have been used by my brother before it was mine), I returned, tears flowing and shoulders shaking, into the arms of my always understanding husband.  He seemed to think it was perfectly normal that I would be crying over a dresser (or at least that's what he told me - bless his heart).

Having done this twice before (moving away for a year that is), I'm pretty confident that I won't miss the furniture or any of the other stuff we've gotten rid of.   I will however, miss my family, my dog, my friends, seeing the mountains every day and a few other things that I will discover along the way.

I remember crying a lot before I went to France and then a little less when I moved to Japan.  This time has been different, I believe because I am going with the 2 people I love more than anything!

Enough of the deep thoughts (don't fret TC, Paul will spice up this blog when he gets his hands on it!), I have to get back to packing - 64 hours to go b4 departure.
Von Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment