Little things that have crossed my mind during our stay on Gili Air:
- there's a large group of Russian travellers at the place where we are staying. Listening to actual Russian being spoken is surprisingly interesting. Thought about bragging about Olympic hockey gold but then the World Juniors happened.
- Gili Air is now my default destination for hiding out immediately after winning the lottery to get my head together. No cars and you can still get internet. Interesting mash-up between the new school and the old
- I have gone cold turkey on my chocolate milk addiction. Sadly I was up to 2-3 containers a day in Australia.
- finished Keith Richards "Life." Good read.
- can't believe I have gone the whole trip without losing or breaking my crappy pair of sunglasses. I'm sure I have jinxed it now.
- People say Chinese food in China is completely different than the Chinese food we get at home. I wonder if it's the same with Thai food?
- we have come across many signs here advertising places with magic mushrooms for sale in various forms. Just another example of how I know I am no longer in Canada.
- nice to see the Canucks playing better. Big statement game coming up in Beantown. Sadly I will be on a plane to Phuket and will have to catch the score later (must resist urge to insert happy face icon).
- RIP Life is Good beach towel. You were a valued companion on this journey. I'm a little jealous that you get to stay behind on Gili Air.